March

I volunteered at the Catholic Charities’ Food Pantry this month, where I once again packaged food as well as essential appliances and utilities and handed them out to anyone who approached us for help. It was discouraging to see that the food donations have lessened significantly once again, but I didn’t let that stop me from packing out the food bags as much as possible. I was careful in how I partitioned the food packages because I wanted to make sure everyone who approached us received what they needed and were able to have the right amount of nutrient dense foods to keep them healthy and full throughout the week. I really enjoy volunteering with everyone at the Food Pantry, they are always very welcoming and eager to help. I will definitely continue to volunteer here, well after the pharmacology program has ended. I have seen so many people come to us for help, and then return a couple of weeks later. It is very clear that this food pantry is an important and vital place for them to go when they need food and materials, and I really enjoy being a part of the community that can provide this service for those who need it.

 

I found the psychopharmacology and toxicology module very informative. I have always been interested in this aspect of the medical field, but have never had a clear understanding of it. Mental health is not talked about openly in the United States, and this is why I found the psychopharmacology section of the module all the more interesting. I am happy to have gained a deeper understanding of the types of mental health conditions, as well as the medications needed to treat them.

 

March hours: 4

Total hours: 12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September

April

November