January

This month I once again volunteered for the Catholic Charities’ Food Pantry. The amount of people I see approach us for food is so substantial that it gives me the drive to continue volunteering at this location. We packaged nutrient dense foods such as cans of vegetables and fruit, pasta, and tuna, among many others. We also added other basic necessities, such as shampoo bottles and moisturizer. When I returned to volunteer, it was upsetting to hear that the funding had been decreased. There was not as much food to package for each person as we usually had, and it was disheartening to hear many of the people ask why they were not getting as much food this time around. We did our best to provide what we could but there needs to be more awareness when it comes to donating food and supplies. It was raining very hard the day I was volunteering, and it surprised me that there was still a line of people waiting to pick up the packaged food. Even though there was not much to give, I am still hopeful it provided some help.

 

I enjoyed the module on neoplasia the most so far since I have worked in the oncology field for a very long time. When I worked in cancer research, I had a few studies that were using some of the monoclonal antibodies and PD-1 inhibitors that we talked about, so it was fascinating to learn more about them in depth. I also enjoyed learning more about the chemotherapeutic drugs since I’ve seen them used countless times, but never understood more than just the basics of why they were used. I am looking forward to expanding my knowledge further in the next few remaining modules.

 





January hours: 4

Total hours: 4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September

April

November